Road To Avonlea: Season 7 (Buy This Season) | 7.1: Out of the Ashes | 7.2: Love May Be Blind, But the Neighbours Ain’t | 7.3: Davey and the Mermaid | 7.4: Woman of Importance | 7.5: Secrets and Sacrifices | 7.6: Ah… Sweet Mystery of Life | 7.7: King of the Great White Way | 7.8: Total Eclipse | 7.9: From Away | 7.10: After the Ball is Over | 7.11: Return to Me | 7.12: The Last Hurrah | 7.13: So Dear To My Heart
A mysterious telephone call interrupts Felicity King and Stuart’s wedding plans and leads Hetty King and Felicity to search for Gus Pike in Charleston, South Carolina.
With the help of the gentlemanly Horace Beck, the women search hospitals in Charleston trying to find Gus but no avail. Eventually, a woman from the Marine Mission Home comes forward and admits that she knows where Gus is.
Felicity, Hetty and Horace find Gus who survived the shipwreck and heroically saved many sailors, but lost his sight in the process. Ashamed that he can no longer see, Gus believes he is unworthy of Felicity and that she was better off thinking him dead.
Felicity won’t accept Gus’ refusal to return to Avonlea and after much coaxing from both Felicity and Hetty, he finally agrees to go back. Now Felicity must figure out how to tell Gus about Stuart and decide whether or not to proceed with the wedding.
I’ve travelled Felicity and I’ve seen things… The Southern Cross in the night sky… The fire of Saint Elmo dancing on the water… I’ve seen the sun rising on old Spanish ports… And I’ll never see again. I’ll never see your face again. – Gus Pike
Notes & Inspirations
- Originally aired March 17, 1996
- The beach scenes were filmed near Port Hope, Ontario.
- The train station scenes were filmed at Sulphur Springs Railway at the Dundas Valley Conservation Area.
- The Charleston scenes were filmed both at Gooderham and Worts in Toronto’s Distillery District and at Discovery Harbour in Penetanguishene, Ontario. The ship that Hetty and Felicity sail on is H.M.S. Tecumseth, a replica 124 ft Schooner that is docked at Discovery Harbour.
- All of the sailors in the ship scenes were the crew of the H.M.S. Tecumseth.
- The Charleston Hotel is actually a private home in Port Hope, Ontario. This same house was The Wright Summer House in Sullivan’s “Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story”.